The Illuminating Blogger Award and the One Lovely Blog Award
I am so touched to have had two people give me awards just yesterday. It always touches me to have people who read my blog think it is worthy of an award. I am most humbled by their gesture. I know some people think the blog awards are meaningless but to me…they are the highest honor there is for you all are the ones that read my blog and that makes you the best judges of all. Thank you from my heart.
Illuminating Blogger Award
Kelly Ann gave me the Illuminating Blogger award. Her blog is awesome and I hope everyone will go check it out. It is located here:
As part of the award you must leave a comment on the original award site which is here: http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/ and be sure to mention who nominated you! You need to choose a random fact about yourself to share and choose 5 bloggers to pass the torch to.
AND, “spilledcookies” gave me the One Lovely Blog Award and I am truly touched by it too. I hope my writing does inspire others and help them get through life’s journey. I hope you will read spilledcookies’ blog. It is great too and is located here:
The Rules for Award participation are:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
- Tell them 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
I am going to combine these two …..so here goes:
Interesting fact about myself: I drove a Semi at one time. I am a believer in getting out there and trying things if you really want to do it and so took the truck driving course and drove a semi.
7 Facts about myself:
1. I have a wicked sense of humor and love to laugh…even at myself
2. I have to hide the remote to my hospital bed from my dog because he likes to push the buttons and wake me up in the middle of the night thinking God is taking me to heaven.
3. At one time I canned and baked all our food and we only bought staples like flour, etc from the store.
4. I believe you are the master of your own happiness.
5. I traveled to Italy a few years ago with a church group. It was the most awesome experience and is a dream of mine to return.
6. I do not like to eat out. I prefer to know what I am eating LOL
7. “Julie and Julia“ is my favorite movie because I just love Julia Child.
I give the Illuminating Blogger Award to the following blogs. I hope you will go read them all for they are really great blogs.
and I give the One Lovely Blog Award to the following blogs. I hope you will check them out too for they are really great blogs too.
And to all of these I say Congratulations!
25 Comments »
Leave a Reply
- Comfort foods
- Dreams for the future
- Eating Out
- Etta James
- Female Impersonators
- heart center
- helping others
- New Year's Resolution
- Protection from fraud
- Rocky Mountains
- US Military