My Views On Reblogging
I really don’t understand some of the problems people have with reblogging, so I am posting a post to explain my views. I actually find it a compliment when someone reblogs because that means they found the post great enough to put my post on their page.
These are my takes on re-blogging:
1. No one can mess with my post when you re-blog so not sure why people are concerned with copywright. Your work is copywright from the moment you press publish. But, even if it were not….reblogging does not give anyone access to edit my post. Try editing a reblog you did and all it shows you is your comment that you can edit..that you made when you reblogged the post..
2. It says right on the reblog that it is MY post…so there is no confusion whose post it is. Again..I don’t understand why people are screaming copyright issues.
3. I figure if people are impressed enough to want to reblog my post than that is a high compliment. To me, going to a blog and seeing the ” DO NOT REBLOG” me is akin to saying …I have a book out and you must come to my house to read it. I won’t get many followers that way.
4. Reblogging shares part of my post and that way a person knows right away if they want to take the time to go read or not. Not to diminish “linking”, but I can tell you that many do not bother clicking on links as they read through all the blogs they follow. Oh, you will have one or two respond but most people don’t like to have to leave a page and then come back to their reading of posts. Linking does not tell them anything about my post or if they might even like it. I appreciate all who link too but I seldom get any feedback from linking. (now I will have a rush of those against reblogging respond to me on a link to prove me wrong. LOL)
5. The whole point for me in writing is to get my work “out there” and reblogging does get it out there and puts it up front and center. A link is less attention getting. Again…I appreciate anyone that wants to link and if that is their personal preference..that is great. I am giving my views on reblogging.
6. I think of wordpress like a huge gathering of Newspapers. Newspapers will take material..giving credit to the author…and repost the whole article because it is newsworthy. That is how I feel about reblogging. If someone wants to respost my post by reblogging…then I feel like it must be a good post.
7. My followers have increased a lot from reblogging. Not so much from just linking. And that is important to me. I looked today and I have readers from ten different countries. I was amazed.
8. I seldom frequent a page that posts that big “do not reblog me” sign for I figure they really do not wish to have a fan base if they don’t want others to see their posts other than on their page. Just as I seldom click on links no matter how great anyone says they are…mainly because of the time issue. There are so many great blogs out there and I want to read them and don’t have the time to flip pages to see IF it is something I really want to read.On a reblogged post I can tell right away.
9. Reblogging to me is like showing the “freshly pressed”…no one complains there. Seriously…how dare wordpress put one of our posts on their freshly pressed page. LOL Yes, I am teasing but the point is…we can’t have it both ways. We want it posted WHERE we want it…like freshly pressed but not by the readers who will make you what you may become?
10. If a site that I don’t like reblogs me…the good news is that number one…a person knows that the writer of the post did not put it there..it was reblogged. Second…if those that frequent the site I don’t care for come to my blog from that reblogged post, they will see who and what I am and might just learn something. The biggest thing they will learn is that I am not part of nor like the site I didn’t care for that reblogged me.
11. Reblogging is no different than “sharing” on facebook. It is just saying hey look at this post…it is great.
I think we can get so caught up in this copywright thing that the real purpose of writing gets lost. We forget we are writing to get others to read and we forget that once we publish….we have copywright and reblogging does not diminish that nor can anyone claim a reblog as their own post.
And that is my views on reblogging. :) If you do NOT want to be reblogged…please tell me here and I will make a list. For I certainly would not reblog anyone that does not want to be.
- Reblogging is Back! (queerlandia.com)
- Reading, writing & no arithmetic (russelllindsey.wordpress.com)
- Reblogging is Back! (en.blog.wordpress.com)
- Reblogged Vs. Retweet: A Case for the Former (zemanta.com)
- Release: New ReBlog (zemanta.com)
- To Re-blog.. or Not To..wordpress Style (tonij.wordpress.com)
- Reblogged Post Pulled (tonij.wordpress.com)
- Reblogged: Use Zemanta To Improve Your Blogging (Via Blacknight Blog) (zemanta.com)
57 Comments »